Here’s a Classic… This recipe is a family favorite that goes back years and, just in time for the colder months and the holidays!
Thank you to Copper State FIT client, Becky McArthur for sharing.
- 14 oz cooked and drained 93% lean ground beef (or adjust to whatever amount you have) *started as 1.3lbs uncooked
- 19 oz can kidney beans
- 19 oz can black beans
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- 14 oz can Heinz maple-style beans
- 11.5 oz can corn
- 1 cup water
- 1t paprika
- 1.5t salt
- 2t chili powder
- .25t ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- Place all canned goods, water and spices in crock pot.
- Brown ground beef. Drain and place in crock pot.
- Saute vegetables and garlic and place in crock pot.
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Nutrition FactsServing SizeServings Per Container 10
Amount Per ServingCalories 262 Calories from Fat 45% Daily Value*Total Fat 5g 8%Saturated Fat g 0%Trans Fat gCholesterol mg 0%Sodium mg 0%Total Carbohydrate 36g 12%Dietary Fiber 13g 52%Sugars gProtein 21g 42%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.