Think you have to miss out on enchiladas because you are flexible dieting? Think again! I’ve made chicken enchiladas that are easy to assemble and do not require baking! Win! Each enchilada can be adjusted to fit your or your family’s needs.
- Cooked chicken breasts (4oz or 112g) I boiled mine for 10 minutes for a quick cook
- Fat free Cream Cheese (2tbs)
- Green Chile Enchilada Sauce-Medium (90g) I used Hatch brand
- Chopped green onions (13g) for garnish
- Corn/Wheat tortillas ( 2 tortillas) I used La Tortilla Factory Green Chile Tortilla
- Shredded cheese- Mexican Style Blend (14g) I used Sprout’s Farmers Market brand
- Italian yellow squash (100g) diced
- Slice chicken into bite size pieces and place in a skillet on med/low heat. Since chicken is precooked you will be warming it through and melting the sauce into the chicken only.
- Add the cream cheese and 60g of the green chile sauce to the chicken followed by the squash
- Warm the tortillas on divide the chicken mixture onto the torillas and roll with seam side down onto a plate.
- Top the remaining green chile sauce (30g) onto the enchiladas and sprinkle the shredded cheese and green onions on top.
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.