Want an easier way to make lasagna? Make lasagna soup! This easy one-pot meal will please everyone…even the pickiest eaters and it can be doubled to feed a large crowd or made as the recipe states and divided into multiple meals for the week! For an added boost of protein, try adding cottage cheese to your serving! We love to dish out a serving and then add one serving (1/2 cup) of low fat 2% cottage cheese to add 13 additional grams of protein to our meal!
- 93/7 ground turkey (1 lb or 16 oz)
- Chicken Broth (4 cups)
- Lasagna noodles (we used Barilla oven-ready lasagne) (102 grams dry or 2 servings)
- Canned diced tomatoes (14.5 oz can)
- Tomato paste (5 tbsp or 82.5 g)
- Diced onion, red or white (50g)
- Garlic powder (2 tsp)
- Italian seasoning (2 tsp)
- In a large pot, saute the diced onion with a few sprays of cooking oil or 1/4 cup of water until soft and then add ground turkey, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook on Medium heat until brown. Next, add chicken broth, diced tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir until everything is combined and the tomato paste has melted into the soup. Break the dry lasagna noodles into pieces and drop into the pot, stir and place lid on to cook noodles. I keep the temp on medium low. The soup will be finished when the noodles have softened, usually 10-15 minutes. Mix in cottage cheese for added protein and chili pepper flakes, aka pizza peppers for added heat! *I also add salt and pepper to taste.
Serving Size 380g
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 300 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 2.4g 12%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 69mg 23%
Sodium 651mg 27%
Total Carbohydrate 28g 9%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 28g 56%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.
*Cottage cheese will need to be added to MyFitnessPal as a separate entry if adding it to the finished serving of soup.