This casserole is a family favorite and is sometimes requested for dinner. If my kids eat it up and it feeds our whole family, its a winner and is added to our weekly rotation. I love that it can be sliced to fit individual needs and it stores nicely in the fridge for a quick breakfast on busy weekday mornings.
- 1 bag of shredded hasbrowns (546g) I used Simply Potatoes Brand
- 1 single cup of plain Greek yogurt (170g) I used Fage 0%
- 1 single carton of egg whites (460g) I used Kirkland Brand
- 2 whole eggs
- 8 oz Uncured Ham Steak (224g) I used Applewood Smoked Neiman Ranch Brand
- 2 tsp Spicy Brown Mustard (10g) I used French’s Brand *optional and you can add more to your preferred taste
- 1/2 cup 2% milk (120ml) I used Fairlife Brand
- Diced white onion (30g)
- 1/2 cup Reduced Fat Mexican Style Shredded Cheese (56g) I used Market Pantry Brand
- 1/2 cup Low-moisture Part-skim Mozzarella Cheese (56g) I used Market Pantry Brand
- 7g of onion powder
- 4g All Purpose Greek Seasoning *optional. I used Cavender’s Brand. You can substitute 4g of salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Spray or lightly oil a 9 x 13 inch baking dish and set aside
- Empty hash browns into bowl and add shredded cheeses, onion, and spices. Stir and set aside
- Next, cut ham into cubed pieces and add to the hash brown mixture
- In a separate bowl, add egg whites, eggs, milk, yogurt and stir to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Pour into the 9 x 13 inch baking dish and bake for 35-45 minutes until the casserole is almost fully set. Don’t overcook as the eggs will continue to cook after the dish has been removed from the oven. The casserole is finished cooking when the top is no longer runny.
We like to serve ours with a side of veggies such as asparagus or a salad. Salt and pepper to taste.
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.