- 8 oz or 224g chicken breast
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 oz or 56g Dry Orzo pasta *rice may be used as a substitute
- 4 cups or 480ml Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp Lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pour Chicken Broth into a large pot and set heat to Medium High
- Place chicken breasts into pot of broth, cover with lid and boil for 8-10 minutes until cooked through
- Turn heat to medium and remove chicken breasts. Shred with forks and set aside
- Pour Orzo into the pot of broth and cover with lid *The orzo takes 9 min to cook so it will be done once all ingredients have been combined
- Using a small bowl, beat eggs and set aside
- Squeeze 4 tbsp of lemon juice into a cup. Slowly pour lemon juice into the eggs while whisking to avoid curdling the eggs
- Add the shredded chicken to pot of orzo and broth. Add one ladle of soup into egg mixture to warm (do this 3-4 times) before adding the eggs into the pot of soup. This will prevent the eggs from scrambling!
- Stir the soup to combine all ingredients and add salt and pepper to taste as well as any fresh or dried herbs you like such as oregano or parsley
*I like to cook addtional chicken breasts with Greek seasoning and garlic in a pan and add pieces of the chicken to my soup as well as additional squeezes of lemon juice.
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.