- 1 can Golden Hominy (15.5 oz can) I used Kroger
- 1 can Whole Kernal Sweet Corn (15.25 oz can) I used Kroger
- Low Sodium Organic Chicken Broth (32 oz box) I used Simple Truth Organic
- Pace Garlic & Lime Verde salsa (200 ml) or 6.5 servings
- 1 packet of Enchilada Sauce- Frontera Green Chili (can be found at Target and Frys)
- Chopped White onion (100g)
- 1 pound or 454g of boneless, skinless chicken thighs (I used Kirkland from Costco brand)
- Black pepper ( 1/2 tsp or more to taste)
- Ground Cumin (1 tsp)
- Garlic Powder (1 tsp)
- Salt (1/4 tsp or more to taste)
- Cut chicken thighs into bite size pieces. Place 5 quart pot onto stove and set heat to Medium High. Place chicken in pot along with spices and cook until chicken is no longer pink (3-4 minutes).
- Chop onion and add to the pot. Cook onions with the chicken for a few minutes until onions are translucent. Turn heat to Medium Low.
- Add Pace salsa and Packet of Enchilada Sauce
- Open and drain both cans of corn and hominy. Pour into pot.
- Add entire box of chicken broth and simmer on Low heat for 30 minutes or until the soup begins to thicken a bit.
- You can then add toppings such as cheese, avocado, or cilantro if you like. Just be sure to weigh and add them in MyFitnessPal when logging.
Here is a picture with the Enchilada Sauce packet I used-
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.