- Unsalted Chicken Stock- 4 cups (We used Kitchen Basics Brand) *Chicken Broth can be substituted
- Boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts- 1 lb or 448g.
- Butter- 1 tbsp or 14g
- Diced White Onion- 50g
- 1 bag Mixed Frozen Vegetables- 12oz or 344g (We used Market Pantry Brand)
- 2% milk- 1 cup or 240ml
- Poultry Seasoning- 2 tsp
- Unbleached, All Purpose Flour- 30g *Gluten Free Flour can be substituted
- Minced Garlic- 2 Cloves *Garlic Powder can be substituted
- Bay Leaf *optional
- Ground Black Pepper- 1 tsp or more/less as desired
- Salt- 1/2 tsp or more to taste
- Using a large pot with lid, melt butter on low heat and cook diced onion until translucent about 1-2 minutes
- Add poultry seasoning and minced garlic cloves. Stir to combine
- Pour in Chicken Stock or Broth
- Add raw, whole chicken breasts and cover pot with lid. Increase heat to medium and cook for 8 minutes
- Turn heat to low, remove chicken, and cut into bite sized cubes. Return lid to pot before cutting chicken. Note: chicken will still be raw in the middle and will continue cooking once returned to stock.
- Place cubed chicken back into pot and add veggies.
- Add Bay Leaf, Salt and Pepper
- Whisk milk into soup
- Place flour into a measuring cup and use 1 cup of the soup to mix together to form a slurry. Pour flour and soup mixture into the pot of soup and whisk to combine.
- Simmer on low, uncovered for 20-30 minutes to allow soup to thicken
Find this food in MyFitnessPal under CSF Chicken Pot Pie Soup
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams.