- 150g Unbleached All-purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- One Single Serving Container Fage 0% Yogurt
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- 20g Egg Whites
- 3 tbsp Baking Soda (this will be used later along with 4 cups of water to boil pretzels)
- Place flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl and stir to combine.
- Add yogurt to flour and mix well. Add 1 1/2 tsp water and stir until dough forms. Dough will be crumbly. Empty dough onto cutting board or parchment paper and knead with hands for a couple of minutes until dough is no longer dry or crumbly.
- Form dough into a ball and place back into the medium bowl to allow dough to rest. Place plastic wrap over bowl and rest for at least 30 minutes. (Dough ball can also be wrapped in plastic wrap and stored in fridge up to 24 hours. Allow dough to come to room temp before baking)
- Divide dough ball into 4 sections weighing 81 g each. Roll each dough ball into a rope about 1/2-1 inch thick. Cut each dough rope into 4 equal pieces. (16 total pieces)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- While oven is heating, place 4 cups of water in a medium pot over medium heat. Once water is hot (after 5 minutes or so) lower heat and slowly add 3 tbsp baking soda. (be careful as baking soda will foam)
- Drop dough pieces into pot. Remove after one minute or once dough pieces rise to the top of the water.
- Place dough pieces onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet making sure they do not touch one another.
- Place egg whites into a measuring cup and brush whites onto each pretzel with pastry brush or back of spoon. Sprinkle each pretzel with salt.
- Bake 9-12 minutes (We cooked ours 10 minutes) Pretzels are done baking once they are golden brown and glossy.
Find this food in MyFitnessPal under CSF Pretzel Bites
Nutrition information does not include cheese sauce. To make sauce, add 10g flour and 1/2c (120 ml) 2% milk to a small pot over medium low heat and whisk for one minute to cook flour. Next, add 34g low fat cheddar or mexican shredded cheese and whisk until cheese is fully melted. Add garlic paste or crushed peppers to add additional flavor. *This cheese sauce can be found in MyFitnessPal under CSF Pretzel Cheese Sauce and makes 4 servings at approximately 60g each. 70 calories- 4F/4C/3P
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams