- One 9 oz Box Chopped Cooked Frozen Spinach (Green Giant Steamers) *let thaw in fridge the day before or steam in bag and allow to cool completely before handling.
- 1 tsp Fresh Dill (or more to taste) You can also sub with 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 30 g Raw Scallions
- 4 large Eggs
- 112 g (4 servings) Fat Free Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 368 g (8 servings) Egg Whites (Carton egg whites)
- 220 g (2 servings) 2% Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 28 g (2 tbsp) Butter (Kerrygold Salted)
- 4g (1 serving) Chunky Garlic Blend Paste (Gourmet Garden) or sub 1 chopped garlic clove or 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- Crack whole eggs into a large bowl and scramble with a fork. Stir in carton egg whites and cottage cheese.
- Next, chop Dill and scallions and add to egg mixture.
- Squeeze moisture out of spinach by cutting a whole in the plastic bag and squeezing with hands (be sure not to let any spinach fall out) or remove spinach completely from package and place onto a paper towel lined colander and squeeze the liquid out into the sink.
- Place an oven proof pan on the stove and set to Low Heat. Melt butter, add spinach and garlic. Separate spinach to evenly coat the pan then add the egg mixture. You may want to spray your pan with oil spray, depending on your pan so the frittata will be easy to remove once cooked. Place lid onto pan and cook for 10 min.
- While eggs are cooking, set oven to Broil. Once the eggs have cooked for ten minutes, remove the lid and sprinkle the feta crumbles into the frittata. Place the pan into the oven (middle rack) to finish cooking (3-4 min). The eggs will continue to cook once the pan has been removed from the oven so do not overcook the eggs.
- Allow the frittata to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from the pan. Slide a spatula under and around the frittata to loosen and place onto a cutting board. Slice into quarters and enjoy!
- Add salt and pepper if you’d like.
Find this in MyFitnessPal under CSF Spinach and Feta Frittata
*brands and choice of ingredients may alter calories and macros. Nutrition label facts have been rounded to the nearest calories and grams